2 Plays to Wowing Clients with Your Online Content
Blog this. Tweet that. Pin those. Instagram them. Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to post I go! Whew!
Be a Know-It-All
|Social Media is Not Your Enemy!|
Photo from Flickr
It is easy to appeal to an online audience when we discuss what is trending in the news and even pop culture so why go against the grain? Find out what is popular in the areas of the real estate market that matter to your clients and give your spin and analysis on the trend. Is there a new developer coming to town? Tell your online audience the pros and cons. Are rates starting to rise? Share your perspective. There is no limit to the news stories out there so there is no limit on what you can post!
Add this to your social media playbook: Sign up for automatic alerts on topics relevant to your brand and the real estate markets that you serve (such as condos, luxury, Boomers, Millennials, Atlanta, Detroit, San Antonio, etc.).
More specifically, I have said it before but it bears repeating: Use Talkwalker Alerts (i.e. Google alerts on vitamins) to take the guess work out of your post topics and to free up time in your schedule. Set an alert once in Talkwalker, and receive as often as you like (multiple times a day, daily, etc.) content for your posts in your inbox. No more scouring the web with this handy-dandy tool.
|Example of Talkwalker Alerts in my inbox|
Create Your Game Day 2.0 ScheduleIn sports, game day is when the "rubber meets the road" and all the training you have had now must come into play to clinch your victory. Similarly, in real estate, your Game Day is every time you must employ what you have been trained to do in order to grow your sales business.
Your real estate business can flourish from "raving fans" that tout your expertise to their social networks (using Web 2.0) of friends, family, co-workers and neighbors. But you must first give them something to share!
Here is a short exercise to help you develop a strategy for what to post on social media:
- Of the posts you have made, what has garnered the most engagement (i.e. "likes", "shares" and "comments")? Use sites like SumAll or SumoMe to help you mine such data quickly.
- Of the real estate posts you have read, what has captured the most attention (again as evidenced by "likes", "shares" and "comments")? If you have been too busy to read (it happens, no judgement here!), then check out what is trending in real estate or your local market on your favorite social media site.
- From your answers, try to identify at least 5 of the broader topics/categories from which the posts that captured the most interest came. However, the more the merrier.
- Now whip out your schedule and assign each category to one of your work days. If you have a list of more than 5 topics, that is great, allowing you to have multiple categories assigned to each day so you have to "rack your brain" less. This is the second item for your social media playbook!
- Create automatic alerts for each topic.
- As you receive Talkwalker Alerts on these categories, start writing your spin and then post content until your heart is content (pun intended)!
You just created a Game Day 2.0 Schedule so get in the game and starting winning more clients. (Excerpt taken from Plan to Win!, a 5-star rated coaching workbook for real estate agents).
|Photo from Flickr - modified with text|
Coach's call: Be sure to remember that you should always include a call-to-action (CTA) in ALL your posts that directs readers of your posts to YOUR sites. In essence, if you are giving a market update, be sure to include something like, "Want a personal market report of your home? Visit www.MySite.com for your custom report today".
By the way, if your social media site of choice is Facebook, check out this Coaching Huddle replay video at no fee to see how the tips in this article are specific to Facebook.
Have questions? Ask away by following me on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+ or by visiting LearnWithLee.Realtor. And, be sure to get a copy of the 5-star rated workbook, Plan to Win, to transform your real estate sales game plan. Here's to your success!